Faisalabad’s Ghanta Ghar is a one-Ghanta Ghar in Pakistan that has remained in its original condition since British rule. It was founded on November 14, 1903 by Sir Charles Riwaz, the British Governor of Punjab. It is located in the middle of eight bazaars (Bhuhana Bazar, Jhang Bazar, Karkhana Bazar, Kachari Bazar, ‘Mintgomery Bazar, Rail Bazar, Chiniot Bazar and Aminpura Bazar).
The proposal to construct the Ghanta Ghar of Faisalabad in the memory of Queen Victoria was proposed by the then Deputy Commissioner Jhang, Captain Beck, while its design was the creation of Sir Ganga Ram. This Ghanta Ghar was completed on December 15, 1905. At the time of construction, there was a well located in the place which was filled with mud from Chak Ram Diwali, five kilometers away, on Sargodha Road, after which construction was started. The red stone used in the Ghanta Ghar building was brought from a hill in Sangla Hill, at a distance of fifty kilometers and its architect was Gulab Khan. Staircases have been made to reach the floor, which are still used to key the clock. The clock on the fourth floor of Clock Tower was specially brought from Bombay and its pendulum hangs on the third floor. Mohammad Azam, an hour-long housekeeper, has been taking care of him for the past twenty-five years and is determined to continue. Will continue to protect this city’s identity. In June 2010, the Lyallpur Town Administration repaired its forests for the safety of the hour, with stones set up all around the Ghanta Ghar to protect it.
Related: 15 Must Visit Places in Pakistan
The bells of the Ghanta Ghar are broken, which need repair. In October 2013 Noor Alamin Mengal took over the reconstruction of Faisalabad after being posted as DCO and directed the Lyallpur Heritage Foundation to renovate more than forty-five historic buildings built in the district from 1901 to 1937. After this, the Ghanta Ghar’s renovation work was started by the Lyallpur Heritage Foundation. Under this project, the red stone was removed along with the red stone by removing the temporary stone from the base of the Ghanta Ghar.
The Ghanta Ghar is located in the center of the city, not a single Ghanta Ghar, but a similar one and Ghanta Ghar is located in Gangapur, a historic village of Jaranwala in Faisalabad, which was built in 2007 by local Nazim Rao Munawar. The person is Ganga Ram’s inhabited village, who along with James Lyle and designer Desmonding, who settled the city of Faisalabad, created an hour-long map and built it on their own. This is the village where the famous horse train used to be until a few years ago. Significant similarities are found between the Ghanta Ghar in Faisalabad and the newly constructed Ghanta Ghar in Gangapur. It is said that the place where this masterpiece was built in Gangapur was formerly about 105 feet deep. Just like at the time the Ghanta Ghar was built at Faisalabad, there was a well there.
Although the village’s nearly 60-foot-tall masterpiece is a little smaller in height than the main Ghanta Ghar in Faisalabad, it also has clocks on all four sides, which add to its beauty. It is already mentioned here that the Ghanta Ghar is not only in Faisalabad but such buildings are also in Karachi, Multan, Sialkot, Sukkur, Shikarpur and Peshawar. But the famous is Faisalabad’s Ghanta Ghar, which is the center of the city and where all the paths come from. If you ever wander the route in Faisalabad, you can start your journey back from Ghanta Ghar.